Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cowboy Quilt

When I visited Dallas last July I sent home a large package of fabrics that I bought at a garage sale from Quilt Country in Lewisville.

We have had a lot of fun with these fabrics and we still have heaps left to be used.

One of results was the quilt on the left.

Our sister Barbara is very fond of cowboy themes and, within the stash of fabrics, we found strips of fabric featuring cowboys and cowgirls together with matching strips of floral fabric that seemed ideal for a quilt for her.

Sister Linda made up the quilt for Barbara and when I went to stay with her last week the quilt was on the bed I slept in.

Barbara was able to obtain a quilt cover to put under the quilt as well as matching sheets making the cowboy quilt look quite special.

2 comments:

Lisa White said...

Hard to believe you came out with such a beautiful quilt out of so many deals!

Will we be out shopping for deals like that again on this trip?

crazyquilter said...

There is still heaps of potential to do more. I did wonder if we might return to the same shop for another round. Wouldn't it be amazing if they just happened to be having another garage sale while I am there this time.