Monday, July 11, 2011

Quilts Really Do Need Labels

Another quilt I have been re-united with on this visit is one that I made for son, Ricky.

The camera shot helped to capture the design that was created in joining the quilt blocks together.

I had won the blocks in a quilt raffle from the Taupo Quiltmakers group and they came together really well to make this quilt.

It has been washed several times (I think) and has become lovely and soft and a bit crinkly and so has a nice feel and appearance.

Nice to snuggle under during this cool period in Sydney.



For the life of me I could not remember when I had made it but when I turned it over there was the quilt label I had done at the time, providing a permanent record of the history of the quilt.

Yes, quilt labels really are worth taking the time out to do.

1 comment:

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Hi Peggy
Super to see Richard's quilt again. It's wearing well
Linda