Monday, October 24, 2011

Back in the day

Our local radio station has a retail advertisement which alludes to good old fashioned customer service and use the term 'back in the day' quite a bit.

Back in the day when I first began crazy quilting I made this project book for my sister, Linda.

At the time I had been involved with a number of e-mail craft groups who were doing themed swaps and through that I had collected a number of items featuring purple, pansies and this lovely calico print which is one of my all time favourite fabric prints.

Linda loves purple and pansies and so what better theme for this project book that I made.

This is a close up of the front cover.

Close up of the back cover.













I made project pages inside from pellon and it was inclined to cling to itself so I heat fused fabric pansies to the bottom right hand corners to assist with turning of pages.










Overall view of front of project book.
















Overall view of back cover.

4 comments:

Phillipa said...

OOhhh!!! Lovely lovely.Pansies and purple go so well together. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Regards Phillipa

Cherie said...

Oooooo gorgeous is putting it mildly ... beautiful, totally, stunningly beautiful ... some of your best work♥

crazyquilter said...

Thank you, Phillipa and Cherie, I did enjoy making this project and am pleased I am living in the home where it has residence so I can enjoy it, even though it is not mine.

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Still love it just as much as I did back in the day

Linda