Linda has been busy making a lovely collection of hottie covers from wool blankets I have been waylaid playing with fabric flowers to make just one.
It all started with Linda having a clean out of our hall cupboard. Part of what needed tidying up was some scrappy pieces of batting. I started by piecing them together so that we could have large pieces of batting for future quilts.
Then I came to some wool batting scraps - too small for piecing but large enough, I thought, to make batting for hottie covers.
That lead me to think about making some fabric flowers and the colours I chose were orange and yellow.
I then found this oriental style fabric in my stash. Part of the design was vertical lines between the clusters of flowers. I followed these lines to stitch and keep the wool batting in place.
I did not put any fabric flowers on the back of the hottie cover
Reminds me of the '70's, those orange and yellow flowers on a brown background.
If you would like to participate in anyway please take a look at:-
The Hottie Project