Monday, December 15, 2014

The gift of flowers

Last week one of our Sweet Pea friends popped in to see us and brought a gift for Christmas.

These lovely gerberas have been placed near our front door to add a touch of colour for visitors.










Last year another of our Sweet Pea ladies gave me these lilies as a gift for my birthday.  They have really come into their own this summer.


















This Christmas Lily is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

My sons gave this to me for Christmas when they came to visit in 2007.

It has had a few changes of location but it keeps coming back each year - never fails.









In addition we have been given a number of other plants over the past five years and they have all enhanced our surroundings.  We have been very fortunate to be beneficiaries of the gift of flowers.

5 comments:

margaret said...

you obviously have green fingers as all your plants continue to flourish. Love the gerberas, I have never grown these maybe in the spring I will plant some, the Christmas lily is certainly looking beautiful

Nancy said...

Flowers never cease to bring smiles and happiness. Enjoy your blooms.

Vicki said...

I think I'd like Christmas in the summer. Better fruits and flowers to help celebrate.

Clare M said...

Gerberas are such happy flowers and they last for ages. A lovely gift. Callas are gorgeous too.

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

It is so nice to see flowers we just have snow and cold. You must be a good one in the garden. Have a Merry Christmas Just stopping bye some different blogs. Laura