Thursday, May 18, 2017
Happy Bocks are Happening
We are making some community quilts and have revisited an old favourite Happy Blocks.
I did the cutting, Linda did the piecing and then I sewed the rows together.
The pattern suggests 48 blocks and I soon realised that we did not have enough variety in our stash for the I Spy centre pieces for that many blocks.
We put a call out to our Sweet Pea ladies and soon our I Spy stash was looking a whole lot brighter and better thanks to them.
Once we started putting the blocks up on a design board we decided that 30 blocks would probably be sufficient so I cut out enough for another 12 blocks and we now have 2 x 30 block quilt tops ready for machine quilting and binding.
More pictures on completion.