Thursday, April 27, 2006

Crazy quilters (and other sundry crafters) seem to love using the fabric from men's ties.

Often they can be found in op shops searching out these treasures and if they are lucky they might even find some beautiful silk ones along the way.

My friend, Julie, approached some tie manufacturers and scored a whole box of tie off cuts in an array of beautiful colours.

Knowing my love of all things autumn she shared some of her wonderful stash with me.

I made the block in the image with intention of embellishing the seams with my stash of rayon threads while on holiday with my sons in Sydney - so far the block remains naked - oh dear. Still I have a few days left, so you just never know.

Last night I actually got it out but ended up stitching on another block instead. Maybe tonight...............

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Oh, how ridiculous, Peggy. See the blog in beige with black print now.....! Oh well, computer glitch!