Wednesday, January 25, 2012

More Stitching Has Already Happened

The last time I wrote I said I was stitching a pansy quilt project. However, I did not say that prior to that Linda and I had already embarked on another stitching project.

For some time now we have been talking about making a quilt for a relative in Christchurch but the other week we actually sprang into action and made a quilt top together.

I got to do the stitching while Linda did pressing and pinning. We managed to complete the top over two days and then Linda went on to machine quilt it and yesterday I finished stitching down the binding. The only thing that is left to be done is a label.

We really enjoyed working on this project together and one of the things we really liked about it was that it was done from our stash, no running out to the store for extra yardage to complete.

Linda had been given some cat blocks for Christmas one year and we decided to incorporate them into this quilt having checked first that the recipient is a cat lover.

Part of using our stash included using the repurposed woollen blanket for the batting. It can be cold in Christchurch in the winter and so the wool warmth will be very much appreciated.

You can see more pictures of the quilt being machine quilted on Linda's blog.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I love the quilt: you and Linda make a good team.

crazyquilter said...

Thank you, Nancy. Linda and I do enjoy working on projects like this together and it has been a while since we have been able to do this so it was good to have another go. We hope to being doing more like this in the future.