Saturday, January 28, 2012

Soft and Romantic

This week I had a request through my services advertisement on Trade Me for some soft pink velvet flowers as well as some hand dyed silk ribbons in soft pinks, green and cream for a project she had in mind.

Colours after my own heart, I thought, so whilst dyeing some ribbons for her I dyed some for myself.

I was glad when she let me know that what I sent was exactly what she had been looking for.




With some of very own hand dyed silk ribbon in lovely, soft colours I set about making another of my 'one of a kind' embroidery pieces and am very happy with the result.

6 comments:

Phillipa said...

Oh those colours are soooooo pretty
Regards
Phillipa

crazyquilter said...

Thanks, Phillipa, I really do love this colour combination - goodness knows why I do not use it more, I really should.

Barbara said...

I just found your blog and want to leave a big compliment for the beautiful embroidery you made with these silk ribbons.
Greetings from Switzerland where we have a lot of snow and very cold temperatures (just perfect for sewing days!!)
Barbara

crazyquilter said...

Hi, Barbara, so glad you found my blog amongst the many on the internet. Thank you for the compliments on my work. It is something I really enjoy doing, especially as the projects are small and don't take too much time to complete. Yes, winter time is very good for craft and I hope you get lots done during this time.

Nancy said...

You are definitely one talented lady. This embroidery is exquisite!

crazyquilter said...

Thank you, Nancy, I am doing a completely different one at the moment with lots of different colours and I am so enjoying that as well.