Friday, July 06, 2012

Every Quilt Has A Story

Apart from the Kiwiana Lasagne quilt I made recently, I have made three other Kiwiana theme quilt tops.

After I made the first one I was piecing together scrappy pieces to make a back for it but after I had put all the effort into it Linda and I decided it was worthy to become the front of the quilt and so it is called Back to Front.

Linda found some wonderful variegated red and black thread and worked her magic on the black panels to offset the array of Kiwiana fabrics in the alternate strips.

 This week is the Taupo Quiltmakers exhibition and so we have been able to have it on display amongst a wonderful array of varied quilts of all sizes and descriptions.

A real feast for the eyes - all of them!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Wow, what a beautiful quilt. I agree that this "back" is a gorgeous "front."