Saturday, June 18, 2016

Hello to Epsom, again


Yesterday I decided to reacquaint myself with the Epsom High Street. 

After yummy coffee at the Zig Zag Cafe I walked to the town market which is held every Thursday and Saturday. 

The local landmark is the town clock:-
with the market stalls at the base. 
This is not a big market but it has the character with stall holders calling their wares.

(Please note the skyline. Not much to be had by the way of sunshine so far.)

We frequented the plant stall last time we were here. Then it was the tail end of the season but there is so much more to be had here now at the earlier part of summer. 
Lots of stoned fruit and fresh vegetables to be had too. 

I settled for some vegetables for breakfast and a selection of cheeses for lunch and then made my way home again. 

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Drinking coffee, browsing an outdoor market, and walking home with treats sounds like a great way to start the day.

margaret said...

we have the same sky up here to, in fact I wore my winter coat yesterday! Wonder how your son`s garden is looking didn`t you both do a lot of work on it when you were here last year?