Wednesday, September 14, 2016

A Trip to Hospital



Yesterday we had a visit from our friend, Andreena, from our Sweet Pea group.

She came with a collection of presents in hand from our Sweet Pea group.  They knew I was scheduled for hip surgery the next day and these were gifts of comfort for me. So lovely and practical too.


Included with the goodies a basket of chocolates to encourage the nurses to look after me.


This morning, I left Foxie and flowers on my bed to welcome me on my return.


Little did I know my return would be sooner than I knew. I had been given instructions to prepare for surgery in the afternoon meaning I could have an early breakfast. However, when I was being checked in at the hospital it soon became apparent that I was scheduled for morning surgery.  I had been given the wrong information, oh dear.

Home again, home again with Foxie waitIng for my return.

A totally frustrating incident, but followed up with an apology from the hospital and I am now being rescheduled for the end of the month so not too long to wait to do it all over again.


2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Drat! It's frustrating to wait once again, especially since you had physically and mentally prepared for the surgery. Hopefully, the days will go by quickly.

Love the Sweet Pea gifts.

Mystic Quilter said...

Not too long to wait but I agree, very frustrating. We get ourselves all psyched up for these things so to turn around and go home is frustrating!