Sunday, August 07, 2016

From Summer to Winter Overnight

I left Seattle on Thursday afternoon.  It was a beautiful sunny clear blue sky Seattle day at a comfortable 25 degrees.


I arrived home to a decidedly cool (about 3 degrees) Saturday morning in Taupo.  Extremely cold and a mix of snow falling with the rain most of the day, but not enough to create snow on our lawn.

Mount Tauhara, pictured above, is quite close to our home and we have never seen snow on it like this before.

Our cats had not forgotten me (fortunately) and Hershey has been fussing as if he is worried I might disappear again. Before I went to bed Simba was there waiting for me.  Then he and Hershey had a tussle about who was sleeping where (at least I think that is what is was all about) and so Simba slept by my feet all night and Hershey hopped under the bed clothes so I think my long absence has been forgiven.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Welcome home. It's been lovely to read about your great trip meeting up with family again. You may be down to earth again in our rather cool conditions, but those lovely family memories will keep you feeling warm and cozy.

Rayna said...

Welcome home. I've enjoyed reading about your time with family & all the places you visited. Thank you so much for sharing. I think this may have been our coldest weekend. Hugs Rayna

Tired Teacher said...

Good to hear that you arrived home safely. Time to get some rest and recoup a bit before getting back into your routine.

I've enjoyed all of your travel photos and posts.