Wednesday, June 07, 2017

My butterflies came back to me

During March I wrote about a butterfly block swap I was entering.

You always take a risk with this sort of thing because you can never be sure if you will like what you receive in return but I was not disappointed.

All the blocks that came back to me were crisp and bright, so what could I do but make another 8 so that I had something to work with.

They did not take long to come together but needed a something extra to finish them off so I added a four patch border make up from our pre cut stash.  A lovely bright outcome in the end.

This turned out to be quite a good scrap busting project as I made my butterflies from our pre cut stash as well.

At just over 40" square this will make a nice and bright wall hanging for our sun room when it is quilted.



4 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

I love what you did with the blocks and the border. This would also make an adorable baby quilt as well as a wall hanging.

Jenny said...

LOvely butterflies, and the checkerboard border sets them off perfectly!!

margaret said...

this will look lovely on the all so bright and cheerful

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I've wanted to make a butterfly quilt for forever. This one is so pretty and I love the way the border suits perfectly.