Friday, January 13, 2023

Revisiting Snohomish

When Linda and I travel we try to make the most of opportunities that come our way because chances are we may never return.
Yesterday, however, I decided to do a return visit to Snohomish.  I went their initially to visit Quilting Mayhem but the township had a bit of character of yesteryear - none of the skyscrapers of downtown Seattle.
The township was founded in 1859 and parts of it put me in mind of the Norman Rockwell illustrations in the American magazine Saturday Evening Post (if you are old enough to remember this publication).
I was fortunate enough to encounter another day with clear blue skies.  However I could see on the drive to Snohomish that there was fresh snow on the mountains and there was a definite chill in the air.








No comments: