Saturday, July 10, 2010

Another happy day in Dallas

Yesterday I went with Lisa to a number of craft stores but I wanted to return to Quilt Country in Lewisville to follow up on buying a Go-Cutter, especially as they were being sold at a 40% discount.





The shop front for quilt country.

In the midst of my purchase I had a need to visit the bathroom and bathrooms in American quilting shops have to be seen to be believed. This one was decorated in a Statue of LIberty theme. The reason I am including this is because, on my return from the bathroom, I happened to spot these two rows of large tables being filled to overflowing with bargain quilting items.

When I enquired further, I was told that there was going to be a garage sale at the shop, starting Friday. The contents of the sale were from the stashes of the 20 employees of the shop and their employer was only too happy for her staff to be doing this once or twice a year.

I was able to purchase a couple of items on the spot but payments had to be in cash which I did not have much of at the time. Needs must be for me to return this morning so I returned with David and shopped until both of our arms were full then we had to join the queue which seemed to stretch someway back into the shop. After quite a long wait I emerged, very happy with my purchases, even though I had only skimmed the surface of what was available.

Lisa took a photo of me sorting through some of the stash:-





This little bundle was US$1.00:-





Haven't counted yet but there is probably 80 pieced squares in this bag alone.

No comments: