Wednesday, March 28, 2012
More needle booking
I had some variegated silk thread which I stitched across two blocks in stem stitch.
I wanted to add some green silk leaves but upon searching my stash found I had none so what is a girl to do?
I popped the ribbon in the microwave for 1 minute on high.
Checked it and popped it back for another 20 seconds.
To the right of the block I then added a soft green velvet leaf that I bought in a craft shop in London about five years ago. I decided it was about time I used it instead of just keeping it to look at.
A couple of grub roses, a little bit of silk ribbon work and some more loose French knots and I am all done.
Rhena's block is ready to move on to the next person in the round robin.
Thank you to everyone who responded to my request to begin a round robin through this blog. I now have enough participants and so, over the coming weeks, I should have lots of different bits and pieces to share as various blocks come and go from the two different round robin groups. I hope you will find this to be as interesting as I do.