25th December I wrote about the fun I was having with the floral applique die cut I bought when in the States recently.
This week I revisited the project and decided to make some changes.
I originally had double layer stems for the flowers but decided they would be too thick against the single layer leaves and flowers.
I want to try my hand at machine sewing the pieces and so decided to make a sample piece to play with.
I did the leaves and stems first and was quite happy to proceed the same way on the main project.
Next came the flowers and I had thought I would outline them with a blanket stitch.
I have a Janome sewing machine which does a very good blanket stitch but in this case I decided I did not like it for the edges of the flowers so I proceeded without.
It seems that practising first paid off for me.
Still hope to have this completed before next Christmas.