Tuesday, December 25, 2012
Fun with flowers
This time I decided a would like to buy a floral applique die cut set and with help from my daughter-in-law, Lisa, with discount coupons we managed to buy the Rose of Sharon die set at the right price.
I have never been very fond of having to cut out applique pieces by hand and so this seemed a great improvement.
Then I had a further thought, if I put my Steam A Seam fusible webbing through the Go Cutter then I could get shapes from that as well.
I then married the fusible webbing to the fabric pieces - no hand cutting for me! The white pieces on the left bottom are the fusible webbing pieces that I added to the collection.
Still some tweaking to do before I get down to the serious business of sewing the flowers to the background.
This sort of thing could be seriously addictive.
Check back next Christmas and see if there is any indication that I have actually finished this project!