Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Poldark Saga

I remember, as a teenager, getting quite wrapped up in the Poldark book series written by Winston Graham.  There's twelve books in the whole series and I may not have read them all but I did enjoy the evolving saga.

The storiy, set along the rugged coastline of Cornwall, was enough to make me hope to visit there one day and last week Linda and I made it and what a treat it was.

The above picture was taken at Church Cove where the shipwreck was filmed in the latest TV series..


Charlestown, another area where filming took place gave us more of that dramatic coastline.

No trip to Cornwall would be complete without a trip to Lands End:-


Along the way, we stopped at places like Truro and Penzance, not too bad to fulfill all that in one day traveling from Plymouth.

Winston Graham obviously loved the Cornwall area and it stole a little bit of my heart too.

4 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

You and Linda are having a wonderful extended holiday, and I love sharing it with you.

Mystic Quilter said...

One of most beautiful counties in England - I used to holiday down there with my parents.

Jenny said...

Cornwall is beautiful. Did you get to try a genuine Cornish Pasty for lunch?

Hope you got to see Tintagel castle and Merlin's Cave - both wonderful historic places which reek of legends.

margaret said...

I must own up to neither reading or seeing the series on TV. Some lovely shots you have shared today