Saturday, March 30, 2013

Second cut

memory quilt for boy
Still working on the memory quilt.

Part of the clothing collection is two sets of bootees like these.

What could I do to incorporate them?








memory quilt for boy
Firstly I took a constructed a 4 patch block with fabric from the other garments.

Then I deconstructed the other pair of bootees.














I took the motifs from the top of the bootees, the 'baby patch' from the bottom of one of the bootees and the striped ribbing from the top.

I put fusible webbing behind the motifs and played with the items until I was happy with their placement on the 4 patch.

I love the 'baby patch' logo that Pumpkin Patch use on their baby wear (no affiliation).

Another block completed, more to share next time.

3 comments:

Cherie said...

Gorgeous in every way :)

Life at Still Woods said...

What a cute idea. I am partial to this quilt since I have two boys of my own. Wishing you a blessed Easter from Still Woods Farmhouse!

Lisa said...

Just love it...