Saturday, November 23, 2013

At last

This week I was able to finish piecing together the Urban Nine Patch blocks I have been working on since early October.

I have really, really enjoyed making this project and doing something totally different from the normal.

The curved piecing is designed so that you can sew without pins.  At first I thought that would be a challenge and I found it so but used a spot of glue at the beginning and end of the curved seams to help.  By the time I finished I was able to abandon that and work without pins or glue.

Jenny Pedigo, the creator of the Urban Nine Patch pattern has just completed quilting another Urban Nine Patch quilt and it looks amazing.
You can take a peek here at her wonderful work.

The good news is that I have enjoyed the process so much, I am going to make another curved piecing quilt but in totally different colours.

It is not too far down the pipeline........

4 comments:

Nancy said...

This is an amazing quilt - an excellent choice of colors and fabrics!

Shay said...

WOW! This one is a real eye catcher. I love it. Those pops of pink just make the quilt sing!

Mystic Quilter said...

This is so different and looks wonderful!

Vicki said...

Outstanding as usual! Love how this turned out.