Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Nine Plus Four Versions 1 and 2

It seems quite a while since I last talked about my 9 Plus 4 scrappy projects.

I guess 19th September is not that long ago but we have had so much inclement weather since then I have not had a chance to take a photo of both finished quilt tops.

Both quilts are constructed with 9 patch and 4 patch blocks and finished with four patch borders.  The only difference is the layout of the 4 and 9 patch blocks.

I thought I would have a definite preference for one over the other but I find I like each in its own way.  It has been an interesting exercise and a great way to use up my Y2K fabrics.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Two wonderful finished quilts and a slimmer scrap bin and Y2K fabric stash, as well. It must be very satisfying.

Vicki said...

Amazing how the same blocks can look so completely different! Both are wonderful!!!

Shay said...

I love them both. Scrappy goodness and both so visually interesting.

They really do remind me of something you would see on grandma's bed.