Tuesday, January 29, 2013

From my bedroom window - well almost

Whilst many are suffering severe winter weather in the northern hemisphere, here in New Zealand we are having long, dry spells this summer and some parts of the country are on the verge of being declared drought zones.

The summer holidays are drawing to a close for many.

This past weekend we observed this happy gathering of holiday makers on the river bank below.


They seemed to have small craft of every style and description, including car tyres and were making the most of the summery weather to venture off down the river together.

There has been activity down below most days.  Swimming, kayaking, fishing and all to be seen from my bedroom window - well almost.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

While it looks like fun, I will pass such activity: I don't know how to swim.

Sounds like drought conditions are world-wide. My area has been far below average moisture for the last 8 years. Every flake of snow helps to eliminate that deficit, so I can't complain about winter and the cold, too much.

I hope your area gets some rain soon.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, we are in a drought. where I live it is winter, our last rainfall was last year April or may, and this winter still now snow.
that would be fun to watch all the activities from your window. enjoy your day Kathy