Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Work in progress - granny squares

On 27th October 2012 I wrote about my attempt to finally get around to using fabric from a Y2K swap from 1999.

Time for a progress report.  I have now made 20 of these 9 inch blocks, enough for a lap quilt.

I actually thought I had finished but I was alternating red and blue blocks but when I finished I had 11 blue blocks and 9 red ones so another red block had to be made - sigh.

Just some sashing to do now, so another progress report will be needed before all is finished.

I had 1,000 x 2.5 inch squares from the Y2K swap and I have now used 273 - only 727 to go.

It looks I will be making a few more quilts before I am finished with these pieces of fabric.

Of course, this does not take into account the other 1,000 pieces from the 3.5 inch Y2K swap I was involved with.

I am linking this post to:-

Freshly Pieced Work In Progress
Pigtales and Quilts Saturday Sharing
Confessions of a Fabric Addict Can I Get A Whoop Whoop

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Granny Square blocks are fun, and yours are great. What color sashing are you going to use?

DeAnna said...

Looks great. The color really pops. Can't wait to see it with the sashing.

kathyinozarks said...

I love the colors in this, and was not familiar with this block-looks great!

Anonymous said...

I love your colour choice for this block. I have just done a traditional white background on mine and now regret not thinking more creatively about it.

Thearica said...

This is going to be fantastic! Love the color choices!

Thanks for linking up to It's A Saturday Sharing day on my blog.

www.pigtalesandquilts.com

carla said...

Hi!!! I love your quilt and the colors you used!!! Thank You

Kathleen said...

You have alot of fabric left from your swap. How many quilts will you be making? XX Kathleen

Quilt Doodle Designs said...

Lovely block!

Stella Nemeth said...

I like the Granny Square blocks. Choosing red as the background fabric was an unusual chose, but it works.