Saturday, January 26, 2013

Look what I found in my letter box

 Last year I had the privilege of working with a lovely group of ladies on a Crazy Quilt Needlebook Round Robin.

You can see the results of that challenge here.

At one of our meetings I lent the ladies a set of CD's I had that related to crazy quilting and promptly forgot about them.

I went to the letter box the other day and was surprised to find a package from one of these ladies.

The forgotten CD's were being returned but along with them this most beautifully executed
pin holder, crazy quilt style.

It measures 2.75 inches or 7cm across - I am in awe as I gaze at it.


What a lovely inspirational treasure for me to have, to hold and to use - thank you Rayna.

Linking this post to Pigtales and Quilts Saturday Sharing.



12 comments:

Cherie said...

... Gorgeous ;)

Marissa said...

Absolutely the most precious pin holder I have laid my eyes on!..what a nice surprise, I love surprises especially like this one..xoxo Marissa
Ps..I sent you an email...oh, I hope I did it right..

Stella Nemeth said...

I made a pin holder in that shape in school in the 6th grade. You can tell how long ago that was simply because they taught hand sewing to the girls in school back then. I've never seen anything as pretty as the pin holders you showed on the blog, however. Just gorgeous!

Thearica said...

As a crazy quilt lover too, I want to say that this is a beautiful gift! I know you will cherish this for a very long time.

Thank you for linking up to the Saturday Sharing linky party on my blog.

www.pigtalesandquilts.com

DeAnna said...

What a nice surprise. Very pretty. Enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks for sharing your stories.

crazyquilter said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments. In this day of electronic communication we get less items in our letter box so this was indeed a lovely surprise.

kathyinozarks said...

what a lovely gift, I am just getting into crazy quilting-learning the stitches as I go-I am following you for more inspiration Kathy

carla said...

Hi!!! Love your pretty pincushion!!! Very sweet!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Kathleen said...

You are so lucky to have great friends. They are so very pretty. I found your blog through, Saturday Sharing Day. Thanks for linking up so I could visit your blog. Kathleen
http://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/

Wilma said...

Wow what a beautiful pinholder.Thanks for sharing!

Wilma said...

Wow what a beautiful pinholder.Thanks for sharing!

Rhonda said...

What a wonderful surprise and the pincushion is beautiful. Aren't crafters and quilters the best!!