Sunday, January 13, 2013

My favourite things

Whenever I come to stay with my sister, Barbara, I am reunited with one of my favourite quilts.

Not that I made the quilt, Linda did that, but I did supply the fabric. Linda used one of our favourite quilt ideas.

On one of my trips to Dallas I scored a wonderful array of quilting fabrics from a garage sale within a quilt shop. I had such fun and even went back for more.

Amongst the fabric was some with a western theme which in turn became the inspiration for this quilt.

Barbara loves the western theme and even her wedding, just over 12 months ago had a western theme.

I have shared more links than I usually do in a blog entry and I have one more, thank you, Claudia, for your Favourite Things link party once again.



6 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, that fabric is cute and made a delightful quilt.

debra @ homespun said...

Love quilts and this is beautiful! :)

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

So nice to see that quilt again

Linda

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good Afternoon to you, I love the idea of eating a Lasagne then creating a quilt! Like you I love crazy quilts....the world is your oyster when it comes to creating these beautiful quilts. I have enjoyed reading your blog and found you via Claudia from My Favourite Things and have become your newest follower. Sending you Best Wishes from England.
Regards, Daphne

Claudia said...

That is such a cool quilt! I love the fabrics - it's really one of the neatest quilts I've ever seen!

Thanks so much for joining in this week!

xo
Claudia

GardenOfDaisies said...

What a fun quilt! The "Lasagna" method is so perfect for those fabrics that you just don't want to cut up, that make more of an impact in larger pieces.