Saturday, June 30, 2018
The project turned out much bigger than I had imagined and so I have found it hard to take a picture of the finished article.
In the end it took me around 12 months to complete. I had decided to make the blocks by subject and was pleased when the last set, the fireflies, were complete.
Next the challenge to assemble. Elizabeth Hartman had very cleverly organised the quilt to be put together in quadrants.
I happily proceeded with the first 3 quadrants but when I came to quadrant 4 I had a problem.
Oh dear, what a dilemma.
I was convinced two of them must have run away to hide under the hedges but when I consulted with my trusty blog record I found I had only ever made 6 in the first place.
Back to the drawing board for me to create 2 more of the rascals and then, finally, assembly was over.
For now my Forest Friends are quietly getting on with their lives until the day the are quilted.