Thursday, November 22, 2012

A little bit of fabric

If you are a quilter and you happen to visit the United States you are bound to be tempted by the amount of quilting fabric available.  The price can be tempting too.

Yesterday I went with David to Bellevue where he works.

He dropped me off at Quiltworks Northwest which would have been any quilter's delight.
Lovely and spacious with a feast of quilting fabrics and beading supplies.




Although I don't have images they had lots of tuffets on display.  Anyone who knows the story of little Miss Muffet may have some idea of what a tuffet is all about.  They had similar product throughout the store, ranging from small circular pillows to large stools.

If this is of interest to you, you can buy patterns for tuffets here.

Of course there was lots else but these were new to me and they were done in such lovely bright colors and so appealing.  Great way, apparently, to use strippy scraps, but I can't imagine having to spend the time and effort stuffing them.

Lots of lovely goodies, and yes, I did succumb to the temptation and bought a little bit of fabric.

When I had finished indulging myself I went for a wander to look at the other shops in the mall and found a remainder outlet store called, Tuesday Morning.  I wasn't expecting it but some of their remainder items was quilting fabric, oh dear, some more fabric found its way into my shopping cart.

By the time David picked me up at 1pm I was quite ready for some lunch and so he took me to a lovely Thai restaurant and then home.  The first thing I did was pack a box of goodies to send on home ahead of myself.

I felt quite pleased with myself by the time I filled the box but today I went to the shops again and then some goodies I bought on line arrived and so I think a second box will have to be packed.  Such are the delights of travel.


3 comments:

Life at Still Woods said...

I saw a beautiful quilt shop while on a quick trip to TN. We have a small quilting store in Ocean Springs, MS and they do give lessons. You have made me want to try my hand at quilting!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Can't wait to see. Guess I can't open the parcel until you'get home.

Oh well only 21 sleeps to go

Linda

Nancy said...

I sometimes go to Tuesday Morning when I visit my sister in Denver - great deals.

Mailing purchases home is a good idea.