Friday, November 02, 2012

In Between Quilts

This is the quilt top that CiCi was busy cat scanning for me recently.

I call it an 'in between' quilt because it somehow came together between other quilting projects.

While working on other projects I have been sewing together 2.5 inch squares at the end of every seam.

Every time I need to stop to iron I iron these as well and put them back in the pile to be sewed into 4 patches.

By the time the main project is finished I have a pile of 4 patches for another sewing project.

In this case I added fabric from a couple of fat quarters from my stash I was able to put together this generous size lap quilt.

It has been a nice little stash buster and is destined to be a community/charity quilt.

Best of all sister, Linda, said she will machine quilt it for me.  Can't wait to see how she is going to fill in all of the spaces with her magic style of quilting.

In the meantime I have more 2.5 inch square awaiting my attention and quite a bit of stash left to be busting.


No comments: