Saturday, November 03, 2012

Always a favourite with me

Thank you, Claudia, for inviting us bloggers to participate in your Favourite Things Saturdays.

One of my all time favourite things will always be these mountains.  We can see them from our house (except on overcast days) and there's always somthing about them that adds interest to our lives.

These mountains are to the south of us in Tongariro National Park in New Zealand.  They have had particularly good snowfall this year and even though we are into late spring the snow is holding on.

I am going away for four weeks shortly and by the time I come back most of the snow will be gone.

My favourite mountains will be missed but they will also be something I can look forward to coming back to.

9 comments:

Susan Freeman said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I live in Idaho and there are mountains all around me. I love them so much. They feel like a cozy quilt surrounding, protecting and sheltering me. I never tire of them and am continually awed by their beauty. Yours will still be there when you return and will welcome you. I am your newest follower. Stop by for a visit to my little cottage at the foot of the Rockies.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

debra said...

What a wonderful view to be blessed with! :)

Babajeza said...

We have a stunning view into the mountains from our house too. Sometimes the Säntis seems to be very close and huge, like today because of the Föhn (a falling warm wind from the south) pushing away all clouds.
have a nice weekend and a good time away from home. Regula

Lisa White said...

Miss Peggy - We have a great view of mountains *and* a volcano. You'll feel right at home. Oh, well, we don't have as many earthquakes =)

Can't wait to see you. I might explode in the next week!

lisa

Diane said...

Very pretty-- and inspirational too!

Claudia said...

Those mountains are gorgeous! How lucky you are to see them every day. I've long wished to visit New Zealand.

Thanks so much for joining in this week.

xo
Claudia

Nancy said...

When I moved from the farm to town, being able to see the mountains every day is what I missed the most.

Have a good holiday.

Balisha said...

We are so flat here in most places in Illinois,but near our river the land is more interesting. We don't have mountains, but bluffs along the river bank which were so pretty this fall.
Balisha

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

What a wonderful view!