Thursday, February 20, 2014

Quilt for Anna-Clara

It was a very satisfying experience this week to finish this small quilt for my granddaughter, Anna-Clara.

Even though I keep saying that Magic Binding is not appropriate for all quilts I still keep finding quilts to use it on and this one was no exception.

I have had some pink minky fabric in my stash for some time.  I have always felt it should be appropriate for a young child's quilt.  With wanting to make this one as tactile as possible I was pleased to be able to incorporate the minky fabric into the back of the quilt.

When I was half way through putting the binding on I realised I had not made a label for the quilt so just for fun I made a small label and put it on the front on the bottom right.  I pinked the edges - just another bit of texture for small hands to discover.



5 comments:

Shay said...

It's lovely Peggy.Im a big fan of minkee and love it in kids quilts - so soft and snuggly. Anna Clara is going to adore using this quilt!

Pamela said...

What a lucky granddaughter you have. She will cherish this heirloom all her life. And I love the label. Jan from Sew and Sow sent me to check out your blog. I'm so glad I did! It's lovely!

Vicki said...

Love your finish! This is so sweet. You are a special Nana.

Quilting Tangent said...

Cute Quilt, Lucky Granddaughter.
Jan from Sew and Sow Farm sent over.

Romes said...

Beautiful quilt.