Friday, October 31, 2014

Time to stop going round and round

Sometimes when I finish making a quilt top I like to look back on my blog to see when I started.

That can be a bit of surprise as it was in this case - I made the first block in May of this year.











Then I took time out to make a baby quilt using the same block pattern.

I like the way you can make the large quilt or by putting a frame around a singular block you can make it into a cot or lap quilt.

I am fascinated by the concept of this block, the way the stars go round in circles.

Very aptly named Round and Round - you can buy the pattern here.








So pleased I finally finished the large top and it will be even nicer to share with you the quilted top, one day.

Lots of 'spaces' here to let Linda loose with her quilter's creativity.


5 comments:

margaret said...

what a lovely effect this quilt has it really draws the eyes to the stars

Karyn said...

Inspires me to get back to mine which was started last summer!

Nancy said...

I love this pattern and your finished quilts. Nice job!

Vicki said...

Oh my, this is beautiful! The colors are so perfect. Must be nice to have a built in 'professional' quilter.

Shay said...

I like this top a lot. It doesnt really matter how long something takes to get done so long as it ends up finished !