Tuesday, December 09, 2014

A pleasing result


Yesterday I put the binding on this quilt and the end result was quite pleasing.
















It was July 2013 when I made this quilt top.

It has been maturing like good wine in a cupboard and now it has been transformed by Linda http://razzledazzlequilter.blogspot.co.nz/ into a lovely quilt top.  She also wrote about this quilt on her blog.

One of the good things about the time lapse between completed quilt top and machine quilting is that it feels like you are being reunited with an old friend.

The stars she worked into the border area are so appropriate, and, once again, I felt this was a good opportunity to use Magic Binding.




3 comments:

margaret said...

I saw this on Linda`s blog and loved it then just read how to do the binding it certainly adds an extra wow, lovely

Nancy said...

It's truly lovely!

I'm convinced that marinating is good for a quilt. ;o)

Vicki said...

I have yet to try this binding, but I do love the way it looks.