Saturday, October 29, 2016

Second Time Around

A month later I returned to hospital and this time surgery happened and I was home again within three days.  All is well and I am required to be patient so that everything can heal up as best is possible.  Another 5 weeks and everything should be back to 'normal', we hope.

The cats are usually here to greet me when I have been away but not this time.  They were conspicuous by their absence, as if to say, 'You have left us one too many times.'

I settled in for the evening in the lounge with Linda and eventually Hershey came and collapsed into my lap as only he could.  I think I was forgiven for ever leaving home in the first place.


4 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery. Follow doctor's orders to the letter and all will be well.

Love the photo of Hershey - too funny.

margaret said...

so good to read surgery went well and you are now at home I know Linda will be taking care of you and making sure you do not overdo things. Cats are so funny, when I have had Alfie sometimes he runs upstairs and hides when Helen comes to collect him as he is so put out when she leaves him here.He is coming on 10th for a few days whilst she is in Ireland if she is well enough to go.

Ali Honey said...

Sending you healing Best Wishes.

Mystic Quilter said...

Pleased you avoided the dreaded cancellation again. Get well soon.