Wednesday, September 20, 2006

We have been fascinated with so many varied and different homes along the roadways between Dallas and Maryland.

When we arrived in Memphis we got a 'little bit lost' as we searched for the hotel we had pre booked and as a consequence saw a mix of housing in the suburbs.

We spotted a sign for a garage sale and stopped to see if there might be anything we would like to take home with us.

I came away with some jewellery - bargain priced at 50c per piece.

Across the road from the sale I spotted this home and it represented many that we had seen. Nestled amongst trees it typifies many of the homes here.

I had visited Dallas in December and it had been so brown and the trees were barren. It has been so nice to come back at a different time and with autumn approaching I am thoroughly enjoying the many trees of all shapes and sized in abundance.

Thankfully, I can add, that after quite a bit of suburban travel in Memphis, we did find our hotel.

No comments: