Sunday, September 02, 2012

More musings from my bedroom window

Further to my entry about sights from my bedroom window I thought I would write about the rhododendron bush that catches my eye every day.

It has been growing amidst our hedge row and this will be the fourth summer we have lived here and up until now this shrub has been a sorry sight - producing a few buds but never coming to flower.

In my opinion, I thought it needed to be taken out, but as if to spite me this year it has come in to bloom with the loveliest of shades of yellow.

This morning I went to take some photos of the blooms and there in the midst was a bumble bee doing its business.

If it is good enough for the bumble bees then I think this shrub may well have given itself another life.





1 comment:

Nancy said...

Glad the bush is getting a "pardon." It clearly is blooming its heart out this year with a lovely burst of color. Enjoy!