Friday, January 17, 2014

Good things can take a while



 Yes, it was six days ago that I wrote and said I was going to do a bit of stitching and bring this quilt to completion.

I really wondered how I would go with the angles of the top and bottom hexagon shapes but the instructions included with the Science Fair pattern by Jaybird Quilts were very good.  Bias binding definitely a must for this finish.

Linda and I had discussed a number of different quilting options and I was very pleased with her end solution.  Curvy lines interspersed with circles extending up and down the length of the quilt was all that was required and it is very effective.

Our cats have a bit of reputation for 'scanning' quilts when we lay them on the floor.  No floor photos this time but Kaiser still had to be part of the picture during my photo shoot.

Science Fair is definitely one of my favourite quilts so far.  Not sure if it is the long time love affair with hexagons or the particular pattern or the colour combination but I am very pleased with the outcome.




3 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Looks great Peggy!

Shay said...

I love those hexies...

The quilting is lovely too - great idea and a fabulous finish. Well done.

Vicki said...

Absolutely beautiful! Your grandson is going to love this. I really like the pointed top and bottom edges.