Thursday, August 14, 2014

Someone to watch over me

I am not sure why, but I have never been very fond of traditional angel images.

On the other hand, if I see one that is a little bit on the 'crazy' side it suddenly has great appeal for me.

Our local quilting group, Taupo Quiltmakers, recently held their quilt show and had a sales table.

I found this delightful angel and had to bring it home.

She now hangs in my bedroom - someone to watch over me.

Even better, I found out later that one of our very own Sweet Pea ladies, Margaret, had made it and donated it to the sales table.

Margaret makes some wonderful hand stitched items and so I am very pleased to call this one my own.

4 comments:

margaret said...

she looks like a mischievous angel to me, love the bloomers peeping out below her skirt and the flowers on her skirt

Nancy said...

She's adorable - I like the striped stockings and the flowers on her dress.

Shay said...

I love your prim and slightly off beat angel - she's a treasure!

Vicki said...

She is so darling. No wonder she caught your eye.