Wednesday, February 22, 2017

The foxes are gathering


We have visitors at the moment so there has not been much in the way of stitching happening for me.

Today, there was a window of opportunity so I set myself the task of completing the 16 fox blocks required for my Fancy Forest quilt.

I had made a start on block 14 before I had to finish for the day.

A bit of trivia from Mr Google - group of foxes is referred to as a skulk, leash, or earth. Not sure what title I should give mine.


The foxes seem to endear themselves to me as each block is completed.

I especially like these red and grey fox blocks.















I wanted to keep within the autumn tone theme I had set myself so that meant 16 different fabrics needed to be found.

To achieve this I had to add extra seams to some pieces.


I could have chosen to repeat some colours instead but preferred the challenge of finding 16 different fabrics.

Worth it to succeed in using my stash rather than buying more fabric, which I am trying to avoid.





1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

I love these blocks! Each one does have a distinctive appearance.

I doubt I would have noticed the pieces fabric I felt you hadn't mentioned it.