Saturday, January 19, 2013

Project completed

I wrote about this project at Christmas time and gave myself the challenge to have it finished for the next Christmas.

Unbelievably it is the 19th January and it has been completed.

I have to say thanks to Linda for bringing it to completion.

This is the first time I have had anything to do with machine applique and really enjoyed the process.

After I finished my bit Linda got to work and machine quilted the background and made it into a cushion cover for me.

Sister Barbara loves all things blue and white so no prizes for guessing what colours the next project like this will be.

Linking to Quilting in my Pyjamas. 


Nancy said...

It's gorgeous! You and Linda make a good team.

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good Afternoon to you, My word, what beautiful work. Is that turned applique or fused? Applique is one of my favourite forms of sewing....just, ever so slightly, below beading.
Have a lovely day.
Best Wishes

Christina Fairley Erickson said...

I had to look at your earlier post to see how you'd made your flowers... I wouldn't have guessed a go cutter! They almost appear hand painted from your photo. and your quilting looks so fantastic... the flowers really pop forward visually.

Sarah Craig said...

Very pretty applique - and I love the way it's been quilted! Whoop whoop!!

Shay said...

I LOVE's so pretty. You did an amazing job on the appliqué and that quilting just sets it off beautifully.

Thanks for dropping by and linking up to Favourite Things Friday. I can totally see why you picked this!

thea said...

Way to totally knock the challenge out -- and it is so beautiful!