Friday, May 02, 2014

A bit of a learning curve

When I embarked on this blue and cream curved piecing project I was quite confident about the piecing because I had been there before and the previous one like this had been much more intense.

I really enjoyed piecing the blocks but when it came to joining them together I did find it a challenge.  Matching up the narrow stem like shapes on the sides of each block proved to be quite tricky but I persevered and now all stitching is complete.













The final result was much bigger than I expected but at least it is done.

I love the flow of the curves throughout the quilt.  The pattern is called Urban Birthday.  Quite apt when you consider that the curved piecing tends to look like wine glasses.

The cream background fabric has a pattern of clusters of tiny champagne glasses - very cute.

The quilt top is destined for Linda's bed.  Not sure how much sleep she will get with the suggestion of partying all over the quilt.

However, the colours are lovely and soft and should be enough to induce a peaceful and calm sleep so we hope that this will be the case.

It will be great to see the transformation that happens once Linda's magic quilting takes place.

4 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

I'm sure I'll have sweet dreams under this quilt.

Linda

Shay said...

I love this Peggy. The curves flow so beautifully , undulating through the quilt and they really draw your eye across the whole quilt.

Fabulous!

Vicki said...

Oh my goodness...I LOVE this quilt. Yes, the colors are so soothing. Great pattern

margaret said...

those curves look pretty challenging to me , yours flow perfectly beautifully done