Monday, March 04, 2013

This one is for Aaron

When your children grow up and leave home you hope they will take some happy memories with them.

For my oldest, Aaron, apple crumble would be one of those and whenever we have a chance to meet these days if apple crumble is on the menu he is more than happy to come to the table.

We still had stewed apples in the fridge from our big apple cookathon and when I spied some blackberries in our freezer I decided it was time to do something with the apples.

I combined the blackberries with the apple and with some topping we soon had apple crumble for a treat.  Hot custard completed the picture.

We still have some left but as we are in New Zealand and he is in London I don't think he is going to make it to polish off the leftovers.  Would be nice if he could.

3 comments:

Snapper said...

That's right, Apple crumble is delicious!
I haven't forgotten pear crumble either

kathyinozarks said...

mmmmm comfort food is always the best-hugs

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

After a 4-1/2 cleaning spree, you will never believe what I am eating for dinner -- blackberry apple crisp! :) Yum, yum, yum! Tammy