Friday, March 15, 2013

Cup Cakes and Polka Dots

It has been a few months since I last talked about cup cakes and polka dots but just recently Linda has been busy on the quilting machine and now I am in the midst of hand stitching the binding and then it is all finished.

No home has been found for this one yet but we can be enjoying it while we wait.

In the interests of stash busting and frugality Linda used a re purposed 100% wool cot blanket for the batting and a cotton fabric remnant from an op shop for the backing.  Very nice and cosy.

There was no pattern for this quilt, I just made it up as I went along.

The cup cakes in the centre were meant to be a feature but, with hindsight, I realise I should have used a stronger contrast in the fabrics.

However, Linda worked some magic with machine stitching a border around the blocks as well as doing some tiny stitching around the cup cakes.

I really appreciate the work she put into it.

This quilt was made in the interests of stash busting, as well as having a bit of fun along the way, but considering I have since been given some more cup cake fabric it is back to the drawing board for me.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Those cupcakes look delicious!