Friday, April 12, 2013

How did that happen?

I went outside the other morning to clear the letter box and was struck by the sudden change in the colour of the leaves on the shrubs in the driveway.

It really took me by surprise - when did that happen?

I felt like I had been lacking in observation skills (which is not unusual for me) but that autumn turn in the colour of the leaves just seems to happen when you least expect it.

Still warm and dry here and so the flowers are continuing along the drive as well.

We are enjoying them as long as they continue to share.

Temperatures have dropped quite a bit this week and we have been enjoying the more moderate warmth during the day even if it as a little bit cool in the mornings.  The frosts have not happened, yet.

2 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Peggy, I too have noticed that the trees are changing colour, but I love this time of year.

Nancy said...

I love the colors of Autumn.