Monday, September 09, 2013

Magic binding and so it goes

Yes, I know, I have talked about Susie's Magic Binding before.

It has certainly captured my mind for the moment as a great way to finish a quilt.

Now that Linda has her long arm quilting machine in action there are quilts that need to be finished with binding and I have done three this week.

I have used the magic binding on all three and have been very pleased with each outcome.

I am not saying it would be suitable for every quilt.  There may be other ways of doing binding that might take my fancy that I do not know about yet but for the moment this method seems pretty good to me.

PS - I must be talking about this Magic Binding a lot.  When I did a Google search to make sure I had the correct link to put in this post, my blog came up as second out of 347,000 choices.

Another quilt ready to be bound today and it looks like it will get the Magic Binding treatment too - not finished yet with this idea.

2 comments:

Shay said...

I love the contrast and cute finish this binding gives a quilt- may just have to try it myself!

Vicki said...

This is really a great way to bind. I am going to have to try it.