Monday, September 02, 2013

It's been a while

It's been a while since we have had a finished quilt around here.

This coffee theme quilt I last wrote about during April - how time goes by.

We have finished quite a few quilts since April but have had a gap recently while we waited for Linda's new long arm quilter to arrive.  You can read about that here.

To get used to the new machine Linda has been quilting some of our quilt tops before proceeding to customer quilts.

So far, so good.  I am very impressed with the machine and the results.











It was so great to see this quilt come off the frame and to be able to make some more of Susie's magic binding.

Certainly speeds up the process of getting binding on to a quilt whilst allowing an extra contrasting flange to pop through.

Fast becoming a firm favourite at our place.












Linda's quilting is just as good as ever, if not better, with her new machine.

It is a real pleasure for me to listen to it humming away and to see the results.

More quilts are on the way.










4 comments:

Lisa White said...

I love this! I love the brown and pink together - so cute!

Nancy said...

An excellent finish. I really need to try the magic binding technique: it is very attractive.

Vicki said...

Whoa...you two are a quilting empire! Love the quilting. I bet you are glad that all is set up and running fine.

Shay said...

That's one cute quilt - I bet Linda is having a ball getting acquainted with her new machine.

I love the results !