Saturday, July 11, 2015

The view from my bedroom window

When I am at home in Taupo I have sometimes shared the river view from my bedroom window.


A few days ago Linda and I travelled through the Cascade Mountains to the city of Yakima so Linda could visit with a quilting friend she has met through quilting.

The whole trip was a great experience with some breathtaking views along the way.

We stayed in a basic hotel overnight and the Yakima River could be seen from our window.  Not quite the beautiful Waikato River that we can see from home but it was lovely to have some water close at hand.

2 comments:

margaret said...

how good to have this view, I used to live in Mapledurham a small village and we had the river Thames at the bottom of our garden, much prefer to live by a river than the sea, mind you there have been some terrible floods for those on river banks and would not care for that
Must have been good to link up with blogging friends

Shay said...

Great bedroom view! Sounds like you are making the most of your holiday.