Thursday, July 09, 2015

Where have the days gone?

The 4th July is such a big event in the American calendar and it seems to have come and gone so quickly without me even commenting.


After a delicious meal, grilled steak from the bbq and fresh vegetables, we gathered with the neighbors in the parking lot opposite David and Lisa's home.

This is a relatively new neighborhood so a good way for the local residents to get to know each other and share over fireworks.

My boys grew up in Sydney where backyard fireworks were banned when they were quite young so it was quite unusual for me to see what the locals here could put on for the fun of their friends.

Other groups had gathered in the surrounding neighborhoods and so we got an ongoing display from ours and other groups.

The activity went on long into the night and I excused myself well before it was over.  I went to sleep to the sounds of firecrackers popping all around.

Good to be here and share yet another part of the American way of life.


1 comment:

Shay said...

How exciting to be a part of July 4th. Americans sure know how to celebrate their national day !