Monday, July 22, 2013

Taupo Symposium

I am sure if you were to listen carefully you would hear the sounds of happiness from 1,000 or more quilters who have gathered in Taupo for the Taupo Quilters Symposium.

Linda and I took time out to take a look at the quilt exhibition.

I took quite a few photos but just for today thought I would share the images I took of the quilts that resulted from the Hoffman fabric challenge.

Just from these three images you can see the wide range of ideas that evolved from one fabric, especially the red and blue flowers which featured in so many different ways across the whole of the challenge.

So nice to see and be inspired by the work that other quilters do with fabric.

2 comments:

Shay said...

Im always impressed by the different interpretations quilters come up with when handed the same fabrics.

Amazing works of art!

FredaB said...

Peg I would have loved to come over to Lake Taupo for this retreat. I have such fond memories of it from our last big trip.

Unfortunately this kind of travelling is over for my husband now he is in the chair. We do have the memories.

Hugs
FredaB